Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back to Life

I have been so wonderfully busy making the sweetest memories with my family
 and was actually excited for December because I'd have so many things to post.
As you can tell I never did.

For the sake of our own memories, this will be small
 re-cap post for the girls.
If I posted any more pictures I'd have to do a Christmas one through ten!


December 2011

I am usually part of a cookie exchange but this year
I wanted to do all my baking with the girls and I let them choose.
That was a lot of fun.
We made sugar cookies, ginger bread cookies, snowman cake balls...
all the girls favorites.


The ginger bread house was Mark's and the girl's creation.
We almost didn't do one this year, but I stumbled upon a pre-built one for $6.99.
It turned out so cute.
We added the Christmas tree sugar cones, they were left over from the
fire hall kid's Christmas party we organized.
That too turned out great!


Mark and I celebrated sixteen years on the sixteenth!
I really doesn't feel like we have been married for that many years already,
I love him more today than the day I married him.
He is my best friend.
I can't get enough of him!
I'll post more on that another day.




We made our annual homemade donuts with mema.
She is pretty sure this was her grandfather's family recipe.




Christmas eve is spent opening presents at my mom and dad's house but not until Grandpa has
read the Christmas story.
He has been doing this for quite a few years.
I love it.
This year it was from a book I picked up a the dollar store, and it is the best children's version of the Christmas story I've ever heard.



We enjoyed the fire place up at Mark's mom and dad's house while the power was out,


because of all of this.
We didn't have a white Christmas this year, but a white December 28th, we'll take it!



Every year I say to myself this was the best Christmas ever.
This year it really was!
 ( til next Christmas ;)

Until next time,  Joceline



No comments:

Post a Comment