Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Homemade with Love

My Christmas gift from my Sweetie has been getting a lot of use and today was no exception!
Let me back track a bit about my gift.  I have had my eyes on a Kitchen Aid Mixer for about  six or seven years.  This past Christmas was my year to have my wish granted, I was getting my mixer.The problem was that the stores only carried black, red, white or chrome and my kitchen is cream and olive green.
I thought I could get the chrome one since it was the most neutral, so we brought it home and we quickly took it out of the box and set it up in its proper location, I didn't like it :(  I was feeling kind of bad because I wanted to feel more excited than I was.  I walked in and out of the kitchen about ten times looking at that mixer and I kept wishing I would like it.  It didn't work.  I couldn't bring myself to love it like I thought I would.  My heart has always melted over the beautiful cream coloured one, but I had never seen it in any stores.  I thought to myself  I'll just check the Kitchen aid website and see just how much the one of my dreams was going for.  It was $499.99 plus shipping.  That was $250.00 more than the one sitting on my counter.  I just couldn't bring myself to spending that much more money just for the colour. I then happened to go the Kitchen aid website for the U.S and there it was my mixer for the same price as the one I didn't like on my counter.  My husband is so sweet, he helped me pack the chrome one back up and made arrangements for the cream one to be delivered in the states and was willing to go pick it up. There was nothing technically wrong with the chrome one it just wasn't The One.  I'm so glad he understands me :)
So to make my already long story somewhat shorter. I got my cream coloured mixer and I LOVE
it.  Mark kept laughing at me and kept saying ""are you really that excited?"  I couldn't help but smile for days after we ordered it. When we pulled it out of the box it was perfect.  I then felt what I was hoping to feel with the chrome one.  Loving your appliances is very important, well not really, but it sure does make it more enjoyable to be in the kitchen.



So to show Mark my appreciation I've made homemade bread, pizza dough, many cookies and today lots of banana bread loaves.
I enlisted the help of the girls so they too could use my beautiful mixer. ( I don't think they feel the same way I do toward it, but they still had some fun)






Aren't their matching aprons adorable?  I had them hand made last year by a fantastic seamstress.
I picked out the material (with her help because I didn't even know what kind would work) and she even monogrammed them so there would be no guessing who's was who's. A sweet apron is another kitchen loving must have!
So off to work we went.














We had lots of fun together.
I love having girls!
(and also a cream coloured mixer :)

Until next time,  Joceline




1 comment:

  1. I just love my Kitchen Aid mixer too....I can just about imagine all of the great things you are going to be cooking up...we just might have to book a visit!

    ReplyDelete