Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I can honestly say God gave me the most wonderful mom, He knew exactly what I needed.
As I think back to my childhood, I remember so many wonderful memories which all include my mom.
Being the only daughter and the youngest, gave us a lot of time together which I loved.
My mom is very creative and hardworking, yet she chose to use all that talent and poured it into her children.
My dad worked very hard, yet money was not in abundance in our household ( it was later on and come to think it I should have asked for more clothes!).
I never knew. I thought we were rich.
We never went without, because my mom was very thrifty and organized.
 My lunch was always the envy of my classmates.
Everyone wanted to trade with me:)
Our home was always clean and well decorated and Oh, so cozy.
No matter where we lived she always made it home.
I couldn't wait to get home from school each day because I knew my mom would be there waiting for me.
One of my favorite things I remember that brought me such peace and comfort was when my mom would sing as she did things around the house.
I loved that because everything felt right.

My mom always made us feel special, little notes, a treat, and our birthdays were fantastic.
We didn't get a bunch of things but we were certainly made to feel that that day, to my mom was a very special day because it was the day God blessed her with us.
(Well it felt that way!)

Every night before bed was story time. We'd sit together and my Mom read some wonderful stories.
I actually have the books now and have read them to my girls.

Often times when I'm relating to the girls, I'll think back to how my mom was with me and I am  humbled at how much patience she had.

When I think of the Proverbs 31 woman, My mom reminds me of her.
I rise up and call her blessed.

Thank you mom for your love to me.
Thank you for being such an example to me.
I am so thankful to God for having blessed me with you.
You are truly a gift.
I love you.

Happy Mother's Day.



Your loving daughter,   Joceline


Last but certainly not least,
 Happy Mother's Day to two very special woman in my life, Mark's mom and birth-mom.
Thank you, Thank You, Thank you.
The love, sacrifice and dedication you have given to Mark is evident in the wonderful husband and father he is today.
 I appreciate you both.
Happy Mother's Day with love,
Your daughter in "love",    Joceline





No comments:

Post a Comment