Friday, July 1, 2011

Happenings

We have been enjoying the not so hot days of summer.

Last Saturday was soccer finals.
I was on the edge of my seat during Ireland's game.
I came over during the second half of the game because Jillianne's game was on at the same time, when I got there they were tied 1to1.
They were playing for first place.  Tense, very tense.
Game was tied.
Then they went to five minutes of over time.
Onto a shoot out.
Five shots by each team.
Ireland's team was up first.
Her teammate missed the first shot.
Yellow team got their first shot.
Oh no!
Back and forth each team got a goal.
Yellow team went last and missed!
Tied again.
Keep going until a goal is scored.
I wish I could say that Ireland's team won, but they didn't.
They came in second place.
Not bad for a team who lost most of their beginning games.


I have no idea where Jillianne's team placed. I don't even know if they keep track of that for her age group.
Her final game was the best they ever played,
They scored 4 goals.
I think that is more than they scored all season.
Way to go Bananas!


On Monday night we picked Mark up from work and headed to the riverfront for a spectacular fireworks show.
We arrived at 4:30pm, for a 10:00pm show.
We had fantastic "front row" seats and surprisingly the wait went by really quickly, thanks to some careful pre-planning.
As for pictures I don't have any.
With all the extra stuff we had to carry I didn't take any pictures.


With school being done I have written a list of things I want to get accomplished over the summer.
I don't do spring cleaning because I am in school and I just don't have the time.
So I do summer cleaning;)
This week was re-paint the front porch ceiling, walls and floor.
Check!
Now I am just waiting for the floor to dry to put everything back.
I also re-painted a cedar box my dad made for me when I was 15 years old.
It was my hope chest.
A place to store things for my future household.
Now it has a home in my front porch and it hold outdoor necessities.
Base ball gloves, container of sidewalk chalk, and  helmets.
Easily accessible and keeps things organized and tidy.



I think I am going to tackle the kitchen next. I am going from biggest job to smallest while I am still motivated.

Until next time,  Joceline

No comments:

Post a Comment