Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Material and Buttons


Funny how some material and some buttons can conjure up some much emotion.
Material and Buttons.
Sewn together to create a shirt worn by my youngest daughter.
I didn't pay alot of money for it,so the monetary value of it was not my concern.
It was by far my favorite shirt for her to wear.
It has sat idle in her closet for over a year waiting for me to decide what to do with it.
I knew today it was now time to let it go.
Material and Buttons.
So hard...
So many sweet, precious to me memories tied to that shirt.
No one to pass it down to.
The clothes that my older two have worn has been passed down and thoroughly enjoyed, but this shirt
was bought specifically for Jillianne, my youngest.
I knew it would have no little sister to pass it to, so that is perhaps why I put it on her so much.
Baby clothes was no trouble for me to get rid of, but as the years pass, it becomes more and more real that little shirts are becoming a thing of the past already.
We had our children quite young, I had just turned twenty one when our first daughter was born and now 
at thirty-four my "baby" is seven.  
It all went by so quickly.
I love the stage we are at with our girls, free to get up and go at a moments notice, but I loved the snuggle time and home time we had when they were babies.
So I suppose the shirt has reminded me of these special times of the past, but mostly to appreciate where we are right now because before long I'll be reminiscing of today.


Material and Buttons.




Who knew such a simple thing could be so profound to me.


Until next time,   Joceline

No comments:

Post a Comment