Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Today I turned 35

Time for a little reflection.
I don't really like how the numbers keep climbing up with out my permission.
I don't like the number 35, but I love where the years have taken me.
I look in the mirror and see new little lines, but each one seems to represent a part of life I've lived.
The laugh lines are my favorite because I love to smile and look at life in a positive way.
The crows feet I'm sure are of the many times I've sat at a park squinting to watch my girls play and enjoy the sunshine, or even possibly staying up too late many nights with a sick little one.
I wouldn't take back those times for a more youthful face.
So I suppose I don't really hate being 35, as It has brought me to where I am today.
A 35 year old very loved wife to my wonderful husband.
A mommy for the past 13 and half years to my three sweet girls.
So I guess in the past minute of reflection I've  changed my mind.
35 is my new favorite number.

I love celebrating.
My husband knows me enough now that I enjoy being somewhat spoiled around my birthday.
So, it started last Thursday night when my mom took me and the girls out for supper.
On Saturday Mark got off work early so we headed out for some shopping together which included lunch and dinner out.
Sunday afternoon there was cake and ice cream.
Mark made the cake!
Today we are going to the movies.
I think he deserves a merit badge for all that.
The girls put up some sweet decorations, and gave me breakfast in bed this morning.




I won't lie, I totally enjoy the fuss they make over me.
Too sweet.



Speaking of birthdays.
My mom celebrated a birthday while I was taking a bloggy siesta.
We didn't actually get to spend the day with her, as we were on our way home from a funeral for Mark's Uncle.
We loved on her the next day with some cake.



Time for a little reflection on my mom.
She is by far the sweetest mom I could have ever hoped to have.
I think back of my childhood and I remember sweetness.
There is a particular Christmas I remember quite fondly.
My mom had taken much time to build me a "Strawberry Shortcake" doll house.
She didn't purchase it and put it together, she actually built it from scratch.
It was so beautiful, pink and red.
It had furniture and everything.
I loved my house.
I always looked forward to coming home from school to see my mom,
 who I knew was waiting there for me.
She had such a way of making no matter where we were living feel like home.
It wan't the house, it was her.
She would sing while she did the dishes, that was pure peace to me.
I hope my girls will someday be able to rise up and call me blessed just as I do for my mom.

Even though it is a little late,
  Happy Birthday to my mom too!

Until next time,  Joceline

No comments:

Post a Comment