Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sports and Sweetness

 
We have had a great day today, Jillianne is back to her swimming lessons.
She is already in Swimmer 4, not bad for a little girl who just last summer still had to wear water wings.
She told me today
 "Oh thank you mommy for putting me in swimming I love swimming."

(Here she is on her first day of  Swimmer 1)
She was so excited she had told pretty much anyone who would listen that she had gone to a swimming "audition" and now she was in Swimmer 1.
 
 
We offered her, if she wanted to take a break and do some soccer in the spring she could, she quickly answered that she would much prefer to swim than play soccer.
She touched the ball three times last soccer season, so she really won't be missing much.
Put her in some water and she lights up.
 
Ireland on the other hand can't wait to get to soccer season.
She enjoys it very much.
We almost didn't allow her to play this coming season because she got injured last summer and her knee still some times bothers her.
She did some physio and there seems to be some improvement, so with a knee brace we are going ahead this year. I think this is her eighth year.
Freezing cold first game and scorching hot last game here we come!
 
Kerrington does not like sports. Period
She has many other interest!
 
 
We have been busy around the house lately because I am married to the sweetest man.
We have a family room.
Well it was more Mark's room that anything else, I blogged about it in April of 2011.
It is an awesome fire themed, manly room, with a big TV and loud sound.
Perfect for Mark.
He is giving it up and we are turning it into a bedroom for Ireland.
While he was telling me his plan I turned to him and reminded "but you love this room"
and he answered " I do, but I love her more."
Seriously. I love this man.
He went on to tell me what a great kid she is and how she deserves her own space and some privacy.
I knew he was an amazing man, but he made me teary eyed with this.
It will take some time for the transition, but it will be great.
Now... the big TV and loud sound are in our "formal" living room.
 I am learning how to be more like my husband and remember that I love them more.
I am a work in progress;)

Until next time,
Joceline
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment