Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day



We all had a wonderful day celebrating Father's Day.
The girls of course had made Daddy cards and we had bought him a really cool new tool for his Fire gear.

Since this is a post about father's day I'll talk about my dad first.
My dad is the kind of man that everybody likes, he is friend to all.
Thinking back on my childhood, I would have to say that I am extremely blessed.
My mom was the first member of our family to come to Jesus and she introduced our whole family to Him.
My mom would go to Bible studies, my dad never stopped her and before long going to church had became very important in both of their lives.
Jesus changed my Dad into the man he is today.
My dad is so hardworking, we never went without.
My parents sacrificed alot of money to put my brother and I both into private Christian school, which was quite expensive and I never heard them complain about the cost, not once.

My dad always seem to make it a point to go on a family vacations together and those times were always special.

When I was eight years old I had broken my leg and had to spend two months in the hospital, which was quite an inconvenience and a large financial cost to my dad. He came to see me every night after work and would pick up my mom, who had spent all day with me.
He would come into my room, no matter how hard his day had been with a smile.
 Without fail every night before he left he would go to the vending machine and buy two little bags of chips, one BBQ and one salt and vinegar, because I couldn't decide which one was my favorite;)


My dad is always positive.
He is very encouraging and will always have a good word to say to pick you up when you are down.
He always encouraged me to think on positive things.
"God will work it out honey," are words I often heard while growing up.

Little notes.
When I was a little older my dad was switched to afternoons and we didn't get to see each other much during the week, but I knew he loved and missed me because he left me little notes that told me so.
I still have alot of those little notes in my special box today.

My dad is so generous.
His motto is, is "I can't take it with me!"
He is forever blessing us, in tangible ways.
He is so loving and sweet.
With each year as my girls get older it brings new appreciation for my dad and how much he loves and has sacrificed for me.




As great as my dad is, which is really hard to top, he is an even better grandpa.
He loves my daughters so much, and they love him too, so much.
We are so fortunate to have been blessed with this dad/grandpa.
God is so generous.
I love you so much Dad.

Your favorite daughter;)  Joceline




My Girl's Daddy.

Mark is a very hard working man.
He has allowed me the honour of staying home to be a full time mom.
He works so hard so I can live out my dream job, every day.
In this world having a single income is very uncommon.
Mark works very hard, so we never go without.
He never complains, ever.
He is so sweet to our girls, he loves to plan fun things to do like spontaneous bon-fires, picnics, walks by the river.
He goes out of his way to make our girls feel special.
I know some day too the girls will come to a realization of what a self- sacrificing, hard working, dedicated man their father is.
It is an honour to be his wife.
I thank God for this wonderful man he has blessed me and our girls with.
I love you Mark.
Your wife,  Joceline



My Husband's Father.

Thank you for being such a fine example to Mark.
  A sweet, kind, generous Father.
I see so much of you in him.
I know Mark is the kind of dad he is today because of you.
With much appreciation,
 your daughter in love,  Joceline


No comments:

Post a Comment