Thursday, June 9, 2011

Making it Mine


I have been wanting to post about this for a while now and just haven't had the time.

Let's go back quite a few years when Mark started talking about motorcycles.
They weren't serious, but just someday talks.
I was glad because I wasn't sure if I could handle the man I love on a motorcycle.
Years passed and the talks intensified, more in depth, I thought to myself
"Oh no he's serious, I thought this was a passing phase."
It wasn't.
 I just happened to be reading the book "Wild At Heart" by John Eldredge at the time. A book about discovering the secrets of a man's soul.
I know it was a good book but the only line I remember reading out of the whole thing was where he says something along the lines of this, If he wants to get a motorcycle, let him get a motorcycle.
I try to understand my man but this one was hard.
Mark has always put us before himself and I knew it was about time he did something just for him.







It didn't take long before the rumbling sound was in our driveway.
I'm not sure if it was the motorcycle or my heart pounding really loudly!
I think the next book I should be reading is the Power of a Praying Wife.

In any case Mark was enjoying the bike and was so excited the day he got his M2 license, so he could take me for a ride.
I thought I would hate it but I really enjoy it!
I love any reason to sit close and hang onto my husband.




When we came home from buying our helmets and glasses, the girls expressed their concern over the fact that we might turn into "bikers."
They wanted to know if we were going to start wearing black and get tattoos.
Too funny!

Being that Mark bought the bike from a friend, everyone kept saying "Oh you have so and so's bike",
so over this past winter Mark got to re-designing the bike to make it more him.  He designed the graphics for the orange details.
A new paint job by a friend under Mark's careful supervision,
new handle bars, new mirrors, grips, and a few spikes,







It's alot more him now!

Until next time,  Joceline



No comments:

Post a Comment