Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Here is a little glimps into what has been happening around here leading up to Valentine's day.

We were "hard" at work preparing for a Valentine's party we held at our house for 12 beautiful girls.
We celebrated our friendships with lots of screaming and lots of giggling.

 You would never guess who put up all these streamers for the party.
We'll if you guessed me I would have to say incorrect. I can't climb a two step without getting a little lightheaded. So when it comes party decorating and  hanging streamers I always enlist the help of a fully trained firefighter who has no trouble climbing a 100 foot ladder to do the job. I always knew those many hours of training would some how pay off!  Just look.


I know, I know impressive.


Along with all the screaming and giggles there was lots of candy, come to think of it maybe this was the cause of all the screaming and giggles.  Who knows. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

The cupcakes were made by some very talented cake decorators who rose to the challenge of making each one unique and more icing filled that their previous creation.


I know, I know impressive. We seem to have the makings of a party planning business on our hands ;)

I always enjoyed Valentine's Day as a child but never enjoyed the focus of it being a holiday strictly for adults in "love".
I think that is why we hold a party and we place the focus on friends so that there is not such a rush to be in "love", just so pretty red and pink things can be bought. Well there is also the fact that I truly enjoy planning and throwing parties, especially when it involves the colour pink.  I love having girls! 


Since the girls didn't eat enough candy all weekend I topped them off with a Valentine morning treat.
No, It wasn't there breakfast.  They had to eat some cereal then they could eat one little chocolate each.
I had also taken some time to pray and write these little note cards I printed of a website which read ten things I love about you.

Kerrington:
1. your rosy cheeks
2.your lady like smile
3.your helping without being asked
4.your silliness
5.your laughter
6.your kindness
7.your dedication to God
8.the way you sing to Jesus
9.your ability to be flexible
10. is that you are my daughter

Ireland:
1.your tender heart
2.your smile
3.your dimples
4.your love for Jesus
5.your sweetness
6.your creativity
7.your sparkly blue eyes
8.your rosy cheeks
9. your willingness to help others
10. is that you are my daughter

Jillianne:
1. your smile
2. your laugh
3. your sweetness
4.the way you dance
5.your cute face with glasses.
6. your adorable front teeth
7.the way you sing for Jesus
8. your hugs
9. your funny giggles
10. is that you are my daughter

I am blessed and honoured to have been chosen to be the mom to these fantastic, energetic, fun loving little girls and just like all the candy, screaming and giggling there was at our party I wouldn't have it any other way.
Happy Valentine's Day


Until next time,  Joceline





No comments:

Post a Comment