Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Fire Family Room


My dream family room would have a stone fire place and some sort of fluffy plaid couch with cream coloured coffee and end tables.

Since I love my husband immensely our family is room black, grey and red.
You guessed it. Fire Fighter colours.

Funny when I was a child I remember greatly dis-liking my grandparents black leather couch and yet that is what is sitting in our family room and I'd have to say it has grown on me.
It is quite fluffy and remarkably cozy.

So moving on, Mark's ideas for the room where quite unique, like putting a light bar from a 1953(?)
Fire truck on the ceiling. He rewired it and it will flash when we turn it on.
The girls have danced to many songs with this light going.
It is really cool.



The border around the room is an actual fire hose.










This poor guy has ended up wearing a pink night gown occasionally due to a certain red head who is under four and a half feet tall. Daddy didn't find it as cute as she did :)




This is Mark's favorite piece in the entire room. His birth-mother cross-stitched it for him.
The detail is incredible.  It is so well done and full of love, it thinks that's why he loves it so much.


Until next time,  Joceline






No comments:

Post a Comment