Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Our Egg-stra Special Weekend

We had a wonderful Easter weekend.
We started it off right with a terrific Easter egg hunt.
A local church in our community holds a huge Easter egg hunt for the children of the town.
They have 16,000 eggs to be collected, all with chocolate inside and some with tickets for prizes.
We have brought the girls to this special event for quite a few years now and it always gets them so excited.





This year it was held in the arena because of all the rain we have had.
The fields are so full of water the eggs would have floated.







We dyed some Easter eggs Saturday afternoon, which we always use as our centerpiece for our Sunday dinner.





On Sunday morning we had our own little mini egg hunt, and whoever found the special egg got to open the present for them to share.
We bought the movie Tangled, the girls have wanted this movie since we saw at the theater. 


They have watched it about six times already!
Such a cute movie.
After our egg hunt was done we prepared for church.
Mark was on to play the bass and I was on for singing, so we needed to be at church by 9:00am.
Our hunt took more time than I had anticipated, so we off course rushed out the door.
We had just finished our worship time when I remembered the ham, which was still sitting on the kitchen counter.  Oops :)
So I slipped out of church to come home and put our Easter dinner in the oven.
It turned out just fine.
Dinner was great and then off to my Grandmother's for a visit with all my extended family.
Then after that off to my mom's for a Hallmark movie night.
By Monday I was spent, but the house needed some TLC.
Monday night we took the girls to see the movie Hop. 
It was a great way to end our Holiday weekend.
I'm glad to be back to routine because I need a break! 

Until next time,  Joceline



No comments:

Post a Comment