Saturday, April 2, 2011

It's All in the Details

I want to take you all for a tour around our home. A sort of mini-series highlighting some of my favorite details in our home.

Before I do that, a recap of what we have been up to the past couple of weeks.
Spring is in full swing, not that the weather has received the memo, but my schedule has.
Grad committee meetings, purity banquet phone calls and e-mails, home school-co-op, birthday parties
taxes, soccer starting soon,  Fire calls, church conferences, the list is continuous.
As our family saying goes
"We are abundantly blessed with lots to do" ( or in others words, very busy) 

So back to my real post.

I am a confessed home body.  I love to go out do lots of things, but my heart is home.
I am so privilege to be a stay at home homeschooling- mom because it is such a perfect fit for me.
I am so thankful for my husband who works very hard so I can stay home.
He knows my heart so well.
I have never thought that being a stay at home mom was boring or mundane, I do admit that a few thoughts of maybe "I should get a degree in something so people will take me more seriously" have crept in but I quickly dismissed those thought because I love what I do!
I am a passionate home-maker.  I have turned my family into my career.
I love taking care of them full time.
I am always on the hunt for new tips and tricks for house cleaning, baking, cooking and so on.
My home is a wonderful place for me to express myself in many different ways.
I enjoy detail.
Someone once laughed at me because I was adamant about some particular details at my wedding, he commented that nobody would notice things like that, so I proceeded to recall of a previous wedding and all the details I had noticed. He wasn't laughing anymore.
Like I said, I enjoy detail.

So my home is where I add little details to make it more us.
Thankfully Mark is also into details or he'd go crazy.

So welcome to our Home.

Our Foyer.

We chose the colour green because as you may or may not recall it is my favorite colour.
It is so fresh.


If you look closely the walls are texture with tissue paper. I wanted a little more depth than just paint.
It was so easy and fun to do.















This is the beautiful crown that goes around the foyer. I had bought this about five years before we put it up. I bought it for a really great price, I didn't even know which room we would put it in but I knew it would be lovely.
Yes that is wall paper on the ceiling.  I very much enjoy that look, it is in three rooms of our home.
My arms are still soar (ha ha).
It wasn't easy to put up, but oh so worth the look it achieves.
Once again, I am so glad Mark is into details because he's the one that does most of the work.




When Mark got on the fire department it was essential that his keys be accessible very quickly, so I happen upon this key hook at Micheal's. I knew it was meant for us because the door knob is like the ones we have throughout the house.  Just because it's functional doesn't mean it can't be pretty.





Pictures of who we are and where we came from.  I am looking to add more of Mark's ancestors. That is currently on my fairly long to do list. 

So welcome to our home, I hope you enjoyed the Foyer!

Until Next time,  Joceline

No comments:

Post a Comment