Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sundae Sunday









That is the name my dad gave to our monthly family gathering.
With all the busyness life had been throwing our way, he realized we weren't spending alot of time
together. So about a year ago or more, he and my mom suggested a monthly visit held at there home where we'd share in some fun treats and a visit.
My parents are so hospitable, and always come up with some really neat snacks that the girls look forward to. "Is this week Sundae Sunday, Mom?"
We have had sundaes (of course), french toast, grill cheese and this past time we had fruit kabobs.




By the time we arrive, the snacks are already prepared and laid out. My mom truly enjoys loving us in such a tangible way, she makes everything, even simple snacks special. She too is into detail. ( I get it from her :)
On this particular night we arrived before everything was done, so the girls jumped in the fruit line and made some very nice fruit kabob creations.








We melted some chocolate and drizzled it on the kabobs, they were delectable.


I am so glad the girls will have these special memories to cherish.

I know both Mark and I have similar childhood stories, when it comes to times such as these.

Mine were grilled cheese night.  Back when I was younger the church we attended had two Sunday services, so after morning service which ended around 12:30pm, we'd come home for lunch.
The evening service started at 6:00pm, so there was no real time to have supper. So when we got home from Sunday night service, we had grilled cheese sandwiches around our sweet round kitchen table.  What a wonderful memory that is for me, I don't remember what we talked about but I do remember how I felt. Extremely loved.

Mark's are of homemade hamburgers and fries around the kitchen table were they too shared lots of sweet memories which still to this day bring a smile to his face .

 This speaks volumes, of how little moments can be remembered forever.
What may seem insignificant today may be a cherished memory in the future.

Until next time,  Joceline





No comments:

Post a Comment